Welcome to the latest instalment of Talking TAFE with Josie, keeping you up-to-date with all the latest and greatest developments at TAFE NSW Narrandera.
While the COVID-19 pandemic has had a profound impact on the way we all live, it hasn’t stopped TAFE NSW delivering quality vocational education and training to locals.
The state-of-the-art TAFE NSW Narrandera Connected Learning Centre (CLC) is operating its normal hours, Monday to Friday from 9am to 4.30pm. We have measures in place to keep our students safe, including sanitiser stations and changed room layouts to ensure social distancing.
The majority of semester two courses have now commenced but there are a number still open for enrolments. Now is the perfect time to upskill or learn new skills for personal and professional growth.
Don’t forget there is a range of TAFE NSW online courses you can study when and where it suits you, which is particularly handy in the age of social distancing. For more information visit tafensw.edu.au/tafe-digital
Coming up in the next few weeks TAFE NSW Narrandera is offering two fee-free “taster” courses in the health field.
- August 31 – Statement of Attainment in Introduction to Home and Community Care
- September 2 – Statement of Attainment in Introduction to Aged Care Aged and community care are particularly enticing fields to enter, particularly in a post-COVID jobs market.
Researchers from the Centre for Future Work have predicted the social assistance industry will be one of the few industries to emerge as stable after the pandemic passes, with an ageing population and government funding continuing to keep the industry buoyant.
The courses are delivered by connected and online learning and you can complete them from home, in the workplace, or come into the CLC for your sessions.
Other short courses we have coming up include:
- August 28 – Statement of Attainment in Prepare to Work Safely in the Construction Industry – one-day training
- August 28 – Statement of Attainment in Introduction to Home and Community Care – seven-day training
- September 2 – Statement of Attainment in Introduction to Aged Care – seven-day training
- September 9 – TAFE Statement in Strength Based Tools – one-day training
- September 21 – TAFE Statement in Health and Safety Representative (Refresher) – one-day training
- September 24 – Statement of Attainment in Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) – one-day training
- September 25 – Statement of Attainment in Responsible Conduct of Gambling (RCG) – one-day training
For more information about these short courses visit tafensw.edu.au or call into the Connected Learning